[Cryptography] Proof of Work is the worst way to do a BlockChain

Ersin Taskin hersintaskin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 03:44:25 EST 2018

> However a better system would be pay to send, be paid to receive.
>

> earn.com does exactly that already and it is based on Bitcoin.
>
> earn.com does not aim to fight against spam but rather to help popular
people earn money when they read/respond to emails and make you pay to
reach the attention of important people. Therefore, the more popular you
are the more you get when you read and respond. It's basic motive is to
earn money to read and respond to mails. What I propose is the following to
fight spam all over the Internet:

IETF (or W3C/IEEE/EFF) owns a token to be used in mail communication on
sender-pays-recipient scheme. 1 mail costs 1 MC (MailCoin). All emails are
equal, all people are equal. Simple. Normal people who send and receive
emails pay a net cost around zero, those who send a lot of emails to their
clients and receive much less pay a fair amount. Spammers who broadcast and
don't receive die. The effectiveness of this algorithm lies in the fact
that since the costs of emails I receive and send cancel out I will pay a
net cost around zero under a fee that is enough to kill spammers.

If this fee comes from a token owned by IEFT (or a consortium of IETF, W3C,
IEEE, EFF, all the mail service providers like Google, Microsoft, etc. will
support. It can even make it to the SMTP protocol in the long run since it
is simple, fair and secure. I am talking about a little p
The income created by creating and selling the tokens goes to IETF/W3C to
be used to serve the Internet.

>>> In article <6012d900-c6d6-4fc4-b0c0-ef7068a0c4ea at echeque.com> you write:
>>> That is another WKBI, one with an expired patent.

>>Can u provide the expired patent if it is easy for you to spot?

>The best known one is 6,697,462
>Not expired: 7,072,943

Thanks John. I checked both. I propose something different. In fact they
are too complicated and no wonder why they did not succeed. They cannot
make it to the SMTP. My proposal is simple. Just attach a signed script of
payment to the mail. That's it. A simple rule for all mails. It can make it
to the SMTP if IETF or W3C  (or a similar consortium) owns the coin. The
income is spent for the Internet.

6,697,462: "...the system and method forces the money associated with the
bond to be forfeited if the communication is rejected or deemed undesirable
by the recipient. To prevent financially motivated abuse on the part of
recipients, the preferred embodiment forfeits the bond money in favor of a
third party such as a charity or governmental entity, to which the
recipient has no legal obligation."

7,072,943: " An Email guarantee deposit method, system, and program
product, with the method comprising in one embodiment, the steps of:
receiving from a sender a request to send to a recipient an Email;
receiving a deposit or an authorization to obtain a deposit of something of
value; sending the Email to the recipient only if a deposit of
authorization for a deposit is received; determining if the recipient has
accepted the deposit; and if the recipient has accepted the deposit, then
facilitating the disposal of the deposit. In an important alternate
embodiment, a deposit can be required before an Email with a auditory or
visual enhancement is provided, or before routing to a designated type of
device occurs. "