[Cryptography] Proof of Work is the worst way to do a BlockChain

Viktor Dukhovni cryptography at dukhovni.org
Fri Feb 23 14:04:52 EST 2018

> On Feb 23, 2018, at 3:44 AM, Ersin Taskin <hersintaskin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1 mail costs 1 MC (MailCoin). All emails are equal, all people are equal. Simple.
> Normal people who send and receive emails pay a net cost around zero.

Now make it work for mailing lists...

Suppose I run a system that monitors DANE adoption and, as free
service, notifies domain owners when their TLSA records fail to
match their certificate chain.  How will that work?

The IETF "uta" working group is working on a "tlsrpt" standard
to go along along with "smtp-sts", which solicits email reports
from senders when TLS authentication fails.  The messages sent
are a courtesy to the receiving system, who pays for those?

Etc.

"Simple" it ain't.

--
	Viktor.