[Cryptography] jammers, nor not

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Tue Feb 28 18:46:27 EST 2017

On 2/28/17 at 1:28 PM, mitch at niftyegg.com (Tom Mitchell) wrote:

>Stucco construction is RF opaque and dissipative for the most part more if
>wet.

Our house is made of stucco. I can easily contact the local 2
meter wavelength ham radio repeater about 1.5 miles away using
100mW on a hand-held radio. Theory says that shorter wavelengths
should work better because they will fit through smaller gaps in
the shielding. I'm probably going out a window, but it could be
a wooden door.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | I don't have high-speed      | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | internet. I have DSL.        | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com |                              | Los Gatos,
CA 95032