[Cryptography] FBI engages Isreali company to crack IPhone security

Adrian McCullagh amccullagh at live.com
Wed Mar 23 18:19:17 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

Am I being cynical but is the public enagement of Celebrite by the FBI a public relations exercise.

Without taking away the extensive amount of technical knowedge and skill of cellebrite has (an isreali company), I would be very surpirsed if they would have more expertise than that which the NSA possesses.

Now, let’s say for argument sake the NSA has already cracked the Iphone seccuirty but does not want the general public to know that.  Then the FBI is on a no lose situation. Either way, the FBI can say that Celebrit cracked the Iphone secuirty and the general public is none the wise.

Kind Regards

Dr. Adrian McCullagh
Ph.D. LL.B. (Hons) B.App. Sc. (Computing)

ODMOB Lawyers
Email: ajmccullagh57 at gmail.com
Email: amccullagh at live.com
MOB: +61 401 646 486