[Cryptography] EFF amicus brief in support of Apple

Allen allenpmd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 14:12:11 EST 2016

> There is quite a bit of existing law — both common and statutory — around
> signatures, both digital and analog.

> The principal criterion for being a legal signature is that it is the
> intent of the signer that it be a legal signature.

You just proved my point.  Apple is being asked to provide a numerical code
that unlocks the device, not to provide a legal signature that is intended
to be a legal signature.  You can call a pig a dog, but it is still just a
pig.  And you can call a numerical unlock code a signature, but it is still
just a numerical unlock code.