[Cryptography] USG v. Apple, Apple Motion to Vacate Decrypt Order

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Fri Feb 26 19:17:40 EST 2016

At 03:32 PM 2/26/2016, Tom Mitchell wrote:

>I might note the Win-10 optional feature of a four number pin on the lock screen for local access. What you know and what you are is an interesting line.
>
>The PIN screen option might be easy to automate and attack.

Here's all you need to know about MSFT's Win10 in the role of "CI"; Bill Gates's MSFT flag should have a goatse on it.

(MSFT gives a whole new meaning to "going dark".)

http://blog.executivebiz.com/2016/02/terry-halvorsen-orders-microsoft-windows-10-updates-on-4m-dod-seats/

Terry Halvorsen Orders Microsoft Windows 10 Updates on 4M DoD Seats

Posted By: Jane Edwardson: February 18, 2016

Terry Halvorsen, chief information officer of the Defense Department, has committed 4 million seats in the department’s efforts to upgrade its information systems and devices to the Microsoft-built Windows 10 operating system.

Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president for Windows and devices group at Microsoft, writes in a blog entry posted Wednesday that the move aims to help DoD reduce information technology costs and improve IT processes.

Halvorsen said in a November 2015 memo that he expects the Pentagon to standardize and complete the Windows 10 OS deployment within a year in an effort to safeguard networks from cyber threats, Microsoft Federal CTO Susie Adams wrote in a separate article posted Wednesday.

http://enterprise.microsoft.com/en-us/industries/government/department-of-defense-directs-dod-agencies-to-standardize-on-windows-10/

Department of Defense directs DoD agencies to standardize on Windows 10

by Susie Adams, Chief Technology Officer, Microsoft Federal on February 17, 2016

It’s no secret that government agencies require a level of safety and security that is unmatched in the enterprise market.  Constantly evolving security threats, managing continuous updates on multiple platforms and devices, and slow upgrade cycles are just a few of the challenges facing government CIOs who are looking to standardize and secure agency baseline systems.

To help reduce this burden, according to the Office of the DoD CIO, the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secretary of Defense has directed all DoD agencies currently on legacy operating systems to standardize on Windows 10.  With deployments starting right away, all DoD agencies must upgrade approximately 4 million devices and systems with a goal of deploying within one year.  This is an unprecedented move for the DoD and the largest enterprise deployment of Windows 10 to date.

---
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/102542/20151103/microsoft-says-it-cannot-stop-windows-10-from-spying-on-you-doesn-t-think-you-should-be-concerned.htm

"Why users would want their location tapped and their every keystroke logged by a corporation for their own benefit sounds quite fishy; it is only applicable for individual users."