[Cryptography] Apple: graphically show users that they are under attack

Matthias Wulfeck matthias.wulfeck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 19:43:58 EST 2016

> It's hard to realize that you're on a battlefield when you can't hear the
bullets whizzing around your head.

I can't help but feel this will easily backfire. If we all lament the loss
of liberty for security, it seems fear is incongruous with a free society.
When people are scared they begin making trade-offs.

I've spoken to a few people about this. The general response I hear is "I
don't have anything to hide so why block the government?" I find most
people are generally in favor of giving the government a backdoor into
their phone. Or rather, they aren't scared of it.

Matt