[Cryptography] Apple. Copyright, trade secret and signature.

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Sun Feb 21 04:37:07 EST 2016

Does the court demand access and an unauthorized derived work of
rightly copyright content and company trade secrets.

Does the court demand Apple to apply their signature to this
cobbled together result and claim it as their own by digitally
signing it.

All writs act requires:
 "the statute requires courts to issue writs "agreeable to the usages and
 principles of law."

It seem to me that the order subsumes the use of copyright and
trade secrets.   This would be illegal if I did it.
It seem to me that the order demands an unauthorized apparently
derived work that uses the whole body of a copyright work and is unlikely
to be seen as a derived work.   Because it is a work for hire does it
subsume the copyright and trade secret even if the price is $0 or $1.

Lastly this order demands Apple apply their (digital) signature to this
product and sully their good name.    I do not believe the law can compel
an individual to abuse the value of their good name and apply their
signature without consequences.  While signing a check to the IRS
and appending "under duress" has no legal value in isolation the value of
Apples digital signature validating the content of a  software update could
appear null and those with hardware that accepts this compromised
signature might demand their end user license agreement be nullified and
hardware repurchased or fees be delivered to another vendor or the hardware
be modified to accept only a newer signature.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l