[Cryptography] millions of Ashley Madison bcrypt hashes cracked efficiently

Allen allenpmd at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 07:16:45 EDT 2015

> What I find interesting is that the security failure at Ashley Madison is
> the first security failure I know of which has seriously impacted
> individual people.

Off the top of my head, I can think of The Fappening and the Sony Hack.
The US Office of Personnel Management hack might also be in the category
(if not already, then in the future), and there are also many recent
reports of health records of various organizations being hacked.  I'm sure
there are many more, possibly even some that lead to people being killed or
put to death in places like Asia or the Mideast...