[tahoe-dev] cleversafe says: 3 Reasons Why Encryption isOverrated

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Mon Aug 10 15:52:58 EDT 2009

On Monday,2009-08-10, at 13:47 , Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:

> This conversation has bifurcated,

Oh, and while I don't mind if people want to talk about this on the
tahoe-dev list, it doesn't have that much to do with tahoe-lafs
anymore, now that we're done comparing Tahoe-LAFS to Cleversafe and
are just arguing about the cryptographic design of Cleversafe.  ;-)
So, it seems quite topical for the cryptography list and only
tangentially topical for the tahoe-dev list.  I've also been enjoying
the subthread about the physical limits of computation that have
spawned off on the cryptography mailing list.  Ooh, were you guys
considering only classical computers and not quantum computers when
you estimated that either 2^128, 2^200 or 2^400 was the physical
limit of possible computation?  :-)

Regards,

Zooko