[Cryptography] Scaling crypto currency

jrzx jrzx at protonmail.ch
Sun Feb 28 17:45:59 EST 2021

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 8:03 PM, Mo Balaa <buddybalaa at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a very shilly and is not entirely accurate, DYOR,
> but “consensus bandwidth“ is not the primary limiting
> factor in blockchain scalability, my understanding is that
> it pales in comparison to the synchronous VM state
> transition processing which is actually disk throughput
> bound; someone more enlightened please correct me if
> I’m mistaken.

Different algorithms for establishing consensus give
different rates for achievable transactions per second
that differ by more than three orders of magnitude.

Are they not all using the same mechanisms for "synchronous
VM state transitions"?

> ADA is not the king of anything except uninformed skills
> boasting about its academic peer reviewed origins.

Of the four leading currencies, ADA can achieve more than
two orders of magnitude more transactions per second than
any of the others, and the top three have now reached the
point where the limit on transactions per second is
hurting.

ADA cannot achieve as many transactions per second as most
of the crypto currencies using blockdag algorithms, such as
Hedera, and in this sense, peer review is obviously crap,
and peer reviewed technology is obviously crap.

In the technological sense, it is not the king of anything,
it is now lagging behind the times.

But the trouble is that no one wants to perform a lot of
transactions on Hedera.

I would really love to see a blockdag proof of stake
currency succeed.  They deserve to succeed.  But so far,
no joy.

Charles Hoskins is not really doing peer review to produce
good technology.  Our space travel woes and fusion power
woes demonstrate that it does not, as does the history of
radar development and integrated circuit development.

He is doing peer review to reassure governments that he is
an OK guy and not one of those dangerous privacy fanatics
and crypto anarchists, to reassure them that he is playing
ball with the regulators and the approved exchanges,
which he is, and that he will continue to play ball with
the regulators, which will be less certain when regulation
starts to cramp ADA's style.