[Cryptography] Paid SMTP (FUSSP)

Ersin Taskin hersintaskin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 07:26:35 EST 2018

> In article <CACMCW-MRWAoOGz4aRubEVYGMK-4KN=2QVGX-5MA4Qrfsxq8OUQ at mail.
> gmail.com> you write:
> >> But you might want to look at Bitbounce, an extremely annoying venture
> >> funded version of this WKBI.
> >
> >Cryptographic wallets will make it to the mainstream soon.
>
> I admire your enthusiasm, but not your realism.  See
>
> https://jl.ly/Internet/bitsome.html

> PS:
>
> >(ii) The main problem is adoption. The spam problem is the problem of the
> >entire Internet. I expect a wide consortium of the ecosystem led by IETF
> >(or the like) to achieve a successful attack on spam. If we can get
> Google,
> >Microsoft, Apple, Yahoo, etc. on board, I think adoption is possible. ...
>
> Sorry to burst your bubble, but for a decade I have been going to
> conferences where Google, Microsoft, Apple, Yahoo, etc. talk about
> spam and related security issues.  I am reasonably confident that they
> are as uninterested in this FUSSP as the IETF is.

So this ends our discussion. I am glad that our discussion moved forward
each round to exit rather efficiently.

Result: We proved that we can't agree on success of PSMTP because we can't
convince eachother on at least the following:
1. You don't believe cryptographic wallets will make it to mainstream. I do.
2. You don't believe Google, Microsoft, Apple, IETF etc.will ever be
interested in shcemes like PSMTP and wide adoption is not possible. I think
the gain is so high that the probability is high enough to keep thinking
about, discussing, working on it. After all, paradigm shifts come through
such discussions which challenge the experience.

Thank you for your time.

R's,
Ersin

PS: PSMTP is not a FUS, just an additional tool in the toolbox to be
utilised in combination with available tools + tools of the near future, in
the context of the near future.