[Cryptography] Paid SMTP (FUSSP)

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Thu Mar 1 12:17:36 EST 2018

In article <CACMCW-MRWAoOGz4aRubEVYGMK-4KN=2QVGX-5MA4Qrfsxq8OUQ at mail.gmail.com> you write:
>> But you might want to look at Bitbounce, an extremely annoying venture
>> funded version of this WKBI.
>
>Cryptographic wallets will make it to the mainstream soon.

I admire your enthusiasm, but not your realism.  See

https://jl.ly/Internet/bitsome.html

PS:

>(ii) The main problem is adoption. The spam problem is the problem of the
>entire Internet. I expect a wide consortium of the ecosystem led by IETF
>(or the like) to achieve a successful attack on spam. If we can get Google,
>Microsoft, Apple, Yahoo, etc. on board, I think adoption is possible. ...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but for a decade I have been going to
conferences where Google, Microsoft, Apple, Yahoo, etc. talk about
spam and related security issues.  I am reasonably confident that they
are as uninterested in this FUSSP as the IETF is.