[Cryptography] Proof of Work is the worst way to do a BlockChain

Ersin Taskin hersintaskin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 07:59:35 EST 2018

> On 02/08/2018 01:18 AM, Ersin Taskin wrote:
> The problem with this, Erskin, is that I have read your entire message
> and have no idea how to actually implement your protocol.
>
> In fact, at this point I still don't know, from a technical and
> engineering standpoint, what your "proof of prophecy" is, how it works,
> or against what specific threat model we think it secure and why.

Dear Ray,

I apologize sincerely. Let me share my misery, these days. Maybe this list
can help. I am very busy. Slave to code for the company I founded. It's
fun. I feel so priviledged to have this as my profession. I hope that this
much coding/day is temporary though.
In the meantime I go very slow with my paper. This is so sad. How about an
open source approach? We write the paper together in this list. Anybody can
join. Every round I post one independent part of the puzzle. Anybody can
comment, contribute. I may post tasks like mathematical calculations,
proofs, literature search, reference notification, good essay skills, etc.
for anyone to undertake. I have the whole story in my head but to make an
academic paper I need to work. Maybe we aim a whitepaper first. Something
that provokes a discussion on some important topics.

I don't know of a paper prepared in a mail list. Does anyone know? Shall we
give it a try? How about I open a thread named Proof of Prophecy for this
purpose. Who is willing to participate/help/comment/criticise?

Regards,

Ersin