[Cryptography] Anti-counterfeiting microchip

Camille Harang mammique at garbure.org
Thu Sep 7 09:19:26 EDT 2017

Le 06/09/2017 à 20:30, Bertrand Mollinier Toublet a écrit :
>> Interesting, how come the RFID wasn't cloneable? What guarantees this?
>>
> Uncloneability was achieved, tautologically enough, by building it on top of PUF technology. You get the tautology when you parse PUF as Physical Uncloneable Function :-)
>
> The company is moribund, but not entirely dead. You can get some info, including a white paper on silicon PUFs (which explains the why of uncloneability), at verayo.com.
>
> Note that there exists several competitors in the field of silicon PUFs, including this European endeavor: http://puffin.eu.org.
> -—
> Bertrand

Hello Bertrand, thanks for your reply, this is very interesting. Is this
technology accessible for middle size companies? Is it patented? My goal
being to provide a popular and decentralized technology, I'd like to
know if it can avoid technological centralization and pauperization.

Thanks again!

Camille.