[Cryptography] Checkoin: physical crypto-cash

erik erik at erikgranger.name
Sun Jul 16 11:10:33 EDT 2017

Let's say that I have a golden eagle that has it's UUID registered on
the blockchain.

I can just copy the actual information and pretend that it is the original.

I'm going to sign this email. That doesn't prevent anyone from making a
copy of this text that also can be verified, they cannot change any of
the words, but the signature would still check out.

That's fine for e-mails because we're only interested usually in
ensuring that the actual words are words that I did, in fact, put out
there and that they are unmodified.

When it comes to gold, we not only need to ensure that the signatures
check out, but that they are not a copy as well.

How does your software verify what's in the actual package? Does it
somehow manage to do a signature of real-life objects?