[Cryptography] Checkoin: physical crypto-cash

Camille Harang mammique at garbure.org
Sun Jul 16 16:13:29 EDT 2017

Hi Erik, thanks for your message. Signature is for authenticating the
origin, it's one part of the protocol, the other part ensures that it
hasn't been duplicated. Please take the time to read the specs, it's all
explained there. I already took the time to synthesize it the initial
post, I copy paste it here for convenience, but the big picture is in
the specs :

"There are three main layers of verifications, first one is geolocation
(non mandatory, anonymous and optionally encrypted) in order to detect
duplicate UUID in circulation (distance and time would become
inconsistent, so the packaging identified as corrupted), second layer is
the display of information about the packaging provided by the
manufacturer (e.g. hologram check information, high resolution of the
packaging when manufactured with unique details such as random paint
splashes, etc.) and third layer is an optional cryptographic check if
the package comes with a microchip (recommended for packagings carrying
high value assets) which retrieves the public key of the microchip on
the blockchain and asks it to sign random data with the private key
present in the chip."

Thank you,

Camille.