[Cryptography] Trump wants to collaborate with the Russians to secure U.S. elections

erik erik at erikgranger.name
Sun Jul 9 21:27:06 EDT 2017

Call me crazy, but I think that it is of utmost importance that the
president of the US, whomever that may be, and the leader of Russia,
whomever that may be, should be best friends.

I think this neo-mcarthyism is a bit dangerous, as people seem to forget
that both the United States and Russia have H-bombs. Any petty stuff
about elections is kinda not as important as making sure that, no matter
what, no escelations exist between the United States and Russia.

If a country has H-bombs, diplomacy is of utmost importance. This
saber-rattling that I'm seeing over the elections is rather concerning,
considering that nothing less than the future of the human race is at
stake. Compared to a nuclear winter, rigging elections seem tame.

Not that I'm in favor of rigging elections, whether it is Russia doing
it or the largest election-rigger in modern times, the United States,
but once you have stakes that reach a certain level, one should be more
cautious than Americans seem to be.