[Cryptography] Trump wants to collaborate with the Russians to secure U.S. elections

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Sun Jul 9 18:29:11 EDT 2017

In case you missed it…

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/884016887692234753

"Putin & I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded..and safe."

Yes, it’s every bit as absurd as it sounds.  Happily, it is being widely recognized as absurd:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/09/trump-suggested-a-cybersecurity-pact-with-russia-lawmakers-say-they-were-dumbfounded/

Notwithstanding that this already is getting a fair amount of press, as a U.S. citizen I think it’s important to draw as much attention as possible to this, so I would like to encourage anyone on this list who is inclined to comment publicly about this to do so.  The future of (whatever remains of) our democracy may be at stake.  If anyone here with credentials is willing to go on the record with a journalist on this matter please contact me.

Thanks,
rg