[Cryptography] PAKE for embedded device (<64K RAM)?

Allen allenpmd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 09:23:30 EST 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 2:21 AM, Andrew P. Lentvorski <bsder at allcaps.org> wrote:
> I've been trying to secure some BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) communication,
> but seem to have hit into a wall in trying to avoid active MITM attacks.

All you need to prevent MiTM attacks is a MAC that uses a preshared
secret key to authenticate the messages, and include the value of a
counter with each message to prevent message replay.  I think you
should be able to find a suitable MAC based on a hash function that
can be implemented in a constrained environment.