[Cryptography] Security proofs prove non-failproof

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Mon Feb 20 18:38:48 EST 2017

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 15:29:34 -0800
Bill Frantz <frantz at pwpconsult.com> wrote:
> Some things that will help:
>
>    Make the UI better than teco/CMS EDIT.

The UIs for current formal verification tools generally suck. That does
not mean that one necessarily wants "fancy" GUI tools, but one does need
error messages that aren't terrible and the like.

>    Teach formal methods in computer science courses.
>
> My knowledge is limited. I've been exposed to some of the type
> theory at the Friday morning FRIAM meeting, and someday I may be
> able to explain what a monad is.

I posted this link, for the Deep Spec summer school, a few weeks
ago:

http://deepspec.org/events/ss17detail.html

It is too late to be considered in the "first round" of applications,
but if there are still spaces available, one can still apply for them.

Perry