[Cryptography] Verification of Identity

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sat Feb 18 16:46:42 EST 2017

>> I have several thousand e-mail addresses (not all in the same domains)
>> so I look forward to having several thousand verified identities.

>The verification trust can be built by keeping a count on the number of times the image is accepted
>by other network members when the image is presented both online and face to face.

Oh, OK.  I look forward to having several thousand verified identities
with pictures of random real people pulled off the net.  You never
know when I might need to be Bill Gates online.

This sounds like after a few more rounds you'll reinvent PGP-style web
of trust, which decades of experience has shown not to work beyond toy
sized groups of people who already know each other.

R's,
John