[Cryptography] Verification of Identity

Paul F Fraser paulf at a2zliving.com
Fri Feb 17 01:50:28 EST 2017

Hi,

ProveId is a system I am developing for the purpose of  having a way to prove your identity at very
low cost.

The plan is to have users obtain an identity name,  an X509 client certificate and an online image,
that is publicly accessible by the identity name.

SDSI certificates develop trust through multiple acquaintances signing an SDSI certificate, I think
5 is the desired no of signatures so I have picked 5 as a starting number for verification.

I intend to verify users by having them provide a list of 5 email addresses that the system will
email with basic details and an image and expect a reply with a a Yes/No type response.

  * immediate family member
  * extended family member
  * a close friend
  * an associate
  * an acquaintance

In effect I am treating the recipients of the emails as referees. I keep this list of referees with
the users identity record.

Other techniques are also planned to add to the verification.

Before I finalize the system for release I thought I would throw the idea to the experts and stand
back for the flack :-)

All thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Regards

Paul Fraser