[Cryptography] [FORGED] Re: So please tell me. Why is my solution wrong?

Joseph Kilcullen kilcullenj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:32:37 EST 2017

On 10-Feb-17 8:31 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> ......Joseph Kilcullen's proposed solution, for which as far as I know
> there is *no* deployed code or sites/services using it.  And who knows
> what the patent licensing fees will be....

Since the solution has been published for over a year it is prior art in
most of the world and cannot be patented. That patent application could
be revived for Europe with payment of 'late payment fees'/ penalties. So
soon it will be prior art in Europe as well. Hence, right now, its free
everywhere and soon will be free in Europe too.

Besides, a patent does not make the solution correct or incorrect.