[Cryptography] [FORGED] Re: So please tell me. Why is my solution wrong?

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Wed Feb 8 21:11:03 EST 2017

James A. Donald <jamesd at echeque.com> writes:

>Will it work?  To answer that question, hold down the Ctrl and alt keys,
>and press the del key.   Now imagine that with a background image unique to
>each person's computer.   Hell, imagine that even with the standard blue
>background.

Now imagine someone running a real-world user study to see if it actually
works in practice rather than just in theory.  Given all the studies that
have been done on this sort of thing in the past showing that it's not very
effective in practice, I would assume by simple extrapolation that the
answer remains "no", but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Peter.