[Cryptography] [FORGED] Re: So please tell me. Why is my solution wrong?

Joseph Kilcullen kilcullenj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:26:03 EST 2017

On 08-Feb-17 4:54 PM, Bill Cox wrote:

>     So, maybe if we just used a confidence image for our corporate
>     logins we'd get better results.  For example, if you worked for
>     Microsoft, then you'd see the special un-clonable Microsoft login
>     page, with a secret picture, maybe a secret color scheme, etc.
>     Apparently, this does help, but the folks I talked to said that a
>     significant majority of workers who see their corporate login page
>     every day will _still_ enter their username and password on the
>     first form that asks for it, even with a domain name that is quite
>     different than their corporate domain name.

Yes, I agree with all this. I figure this solution will force the
phishers into the Certificate Authority domain. Force them to up their
game. Right now they don't need any TLS certificate. Also, while I agree
with your stories I hate a good solution being dismissed because there
are idiots out there. In my opinion proper cryptographers should see the
simplicity of this solution. The responses I've got so far are very
helpful because they indicate people are just not reading my paper.

They look at the picture and assume its SiteKey, which it is not!

Thanks