[Cryptography] What is total world transaction volume?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Feb 7 04:49:10 EST 2017

Bitcoin cannot replace government money because there is a soft limit on
the number of transactions, and we are already hitting that limit.

Also because final settlement is a bit slow.

Gold cannot replace government money, because it is easier to transfer
promises than physical gold, although we may well return to the gold
standard after the next crisis or two.

What is the total number of credit and debit card transactions,
including atm transactions, per unit time?

How many transactions would a crypto currency need to handle per unit
time to replace government money?