[Cryptography] Fast handling of IP Address changes for HTTPS

Paul F Fraser paulf at a2zliving.com
Sun Dec 31 15:56:06 EST 2017

On 31/12/2017 8:36 AM, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> I'm baffled.  Does the OP not have static IP?  I got shifted over to the NBN (fibre all the way,
> not the crappy copper junk) in February and my address has always been static (although it costs
> me AU$10/m).  Before that I was on ADSL2+, again with a static IP (the same one).
>
> Oh, and I've been running a home mail/web server for many years (it used to be on a nailed-up PPP
> dialup); our national telco (Telstra; fondly known as T$) allows it (but I suppose resellers may
> not).

Hi Dave,

Your experience is the same as mine, I had fixed IP on ADSL for many years.

I am looking at a worldwide mass unsophisticated market. For the individual technical user this is
not a problem, but the Grandmother situation is what I am trying to handle.

A P2P network with user mobile and desktop  https  access to the node is the intention. Or any other
encrypted, authenticated technology.

Another requirement is for the node to be able to run on a laptop and be able to join the network
from multiple locations, this is probably the main requirement for a fast IP Address switch.

The system is designed as a decentralized alternative to the centralized situation we have at present.

Paul Fraser

p.s. I am a Grandfather with nothing against Grandmothers.