[Cryptography] How to prove Wikileaks' emails aren't altered

Steve Furlong demonfighter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 17:16:58 EDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 1:39 AM, Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net> wrote:
> >   Post office photocopies envelopes of all mail sent in the US, says NY
Times
> Yes, I was aware.  And yes, when I let people know, they are
> indeed shocked and offended.

When I told people about it last week, the response was "No, they don't.
That would be illegal. That's just crazy conspiracy talk."

The conversation moved to personal insults (of me) when I pointed out that
previous claims about US govt snooping -- that they monitored and stored
all email and all phone calls in the US and as much as they could elsewhere
-- were derided as crazy conspiracy talk ... until Snowden showed that the
whacko conspiracy theorists didn't go far enough. Calling someone a psycho
who needs help has about a 0% persuasion rate, but it's a tactic beloved of
a large segment of the populace.

--
Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet. -- Arnaud-Amaury, 1209