[Cryptography] Announcement: the SC4-HSM is now a FIDO U2F token

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Sat Oct 15 13:36:38 EDT 2016

On Oct 14, 2016 5:15 PM, "Ron Garret" <ron at flownet.com> wrote:
> I’m pleased to announce the first real industrial-strength application for
> the SC4-HSM (https://sc4.us/hsm).  The device can now function as a FIDO
> U2F (universal second factor) token.  The code is currently available only
> through our github repository (https://github.com/Spark-Innovations/SC4)
> but I will be releasing a pre-built binary soon.  All units ordered from
> this point forward will ship with the new firmware.

This may be an FAQ, but it's not on the FAQ list for your web site
yet.  :-)

Given the concerns folks have had that the latest Yubikey's (which are
capable of supporting 4k RSA keys) are no longer using open source
firmware, is the hardware capable, and how hard would it be, to create
a OpenPGP smartcard compatible (using the CCID interface) with the
SCM4-HSM token?

Thanks,

					- Ted