[Cryptography] Gaslighting ~= power droop == side channel attack

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Tue Nov 29 21:36:19 EST 2016

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 4:36 AM, Chris Tonkinson <chris at tonkinson.com>
wrote:

> On 11/28/2016 07:54 PM, Christian Huitema wrote:
> > On Monday, November 28, 2016 5:22 AM, Henry Baker wrote:
> >> "smart" thermostats will turn us into the secret energy police
> >
> > Smart power meters could do much more than that.
>
> I wonder if some Simpleā„¢ device could be created based on a combination
> of battery, capacitor, and timer to smooth the "curves" of consumption
> for a household (or on a smaller scale for specific appliances),
> rendering this type of analysis ineffectual.

Tesla is your friend.
A battery storage system that charges off peak.
(some Iron chemistry battery systems are ECO  friendly but heavy) .
Charge from solar and from an AC-DC converter off peak and as needed.
Old school rotating inverters are still interesting.

Power Factor correctors have their place and can save money.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_factor
Power factor is a signature that can be removed.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l