[Cryptography] Gaslighting ~= power droop == side channel attack

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Wed Nov 30 14:40:40 EST 2016

At 12:27 PM 11/29/2016, Natanael wrote:
>Den 29 nov 2016 19:45 skrev "Chris Tonkinson" <<mailto:chris at tonkinson.com>chris at tonkinson.com>:
>> I wonder if some SimpleĀ™ device could be created based on a coombination
>> of battery, capacitor, and timer to smooth the "curves" of consumption
>> for a household (or on a smaller scale for specific appliances),
>> rendering this type of analysis ineffectual.
>
>Try asking Tesla.
>
>https://www.tesla.com/powerwall

This suggestion re Tesla needed a smiley face.  :-)

Tesla collects far more information "to help our customers" than even
the utility companies.

I have no specific info on the Tesla Powerwall, but if it is anything
like the monitoring of the Tesla vehicles, Tesla probably knows every
time (and GPS location) when you pass gas.