[Cryptography] Apple GovtOS/FBiOS & Proof of Work

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Fri Mar 18 09:56:17 EDT 2016

At 06:30 AM 3/18/2016, Peter Todd wrote:
>In the spirit of patents, I'll also point out all of the above could be
>even more effectively done with the Bitcoin blockchain.

True, but do you want to require your iPhone to be connected to the Internet (so it can "see" the Bitcoin blockchain) in order to get a firmware update?

Also, when your iPhone wakes up, how does it even know -- for sure -- what time&date it is?

Someone could simply reset the clock back a few years and give it an old blockchain (or a completely made-up blockchain).