[Cryptography] Michael Hayden supports Apple

Arnold Reinhold agr at me.com
Wed Mar 9 16:29:13 EST 2016

In a March 7 interview with Maria Bartiromo on the Fox Business Network, General Michael Hayden, former director of the NSA and CIA, said that while he thought the government does have a legal right to compel Apple to unlock the iPhone, he nonetheless supports Apple’s position, in what he called "a close but clear call on just security grounds…”  He noted that the CIA currently considers cyber-attacks the number one threat to U.S. security and said “...this may be a case where we’ve got to give up some things in law enforcement and even counter terrorism in order to preserve this aspect, our cybersecurity.”

    http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2016/03/07/fmr-nsa-cia-chief-hayden-sides-with-apple-over-feds.html

Also see the image link there to the interview itself.

It doesn’t get more authoritative than that.

Arnold Reinhold