[Cryptography] From Nicaragua to Snowden - why no national standards should be considered in cryptosec

Ben Laurie ben at links.org
Sat Feb 27 17:35:10 EST 2016

On 27 February 2016 at 17:04, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell at cs.tcd.ie>
wrote:

> There's that. But "national" is also no good as a label, as
> AES is national and some national algs are less well vetted/known
> than others.

Ah, but AES is from the right nation.

Its a crazy idea, I know, but there might be some nations who are not so
keen on other nations mandating their crypto.

IETF has pretensions of being worldwide, but really, its all about the US,
with grudging support of their close allies.

Is there _any_ non-national crypto?