[Cryptography] USG v. Apple, Apple Motion to Vacate Decrypt Order

Richard Outerbridge outer at interlog.com
Thu Feb 25 22:40:25 EST 2016

> On 2016-02-25 (56), at 19:34:50, Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com> wrote:
>
> At 01:48 PM 2/25/2016, John Young wrote:
>> USG v. Apple, Apple Motion to Vacate Decrypt Order <https://t.co/ZOvJXNs0Bx>https://cryptome.org/2016/02/usg-apple-016.pdf (415 pp, 19.5MB)
>
> So Apple’s reply is 9x the size of DOJ's motion.

OK, so I’m an overall ignorant Canuck Canadian.

Doesn’t this all boil down to a 2nd Amendment argument?

Namely, if it is within my personal power to protect my
privacy using whatsoever weapons or technology I may avail
myself of, do I have a prima facie right against the
powers of my state arrayed against me as their citizen?

Up here in Canada, the answer is, probably, no I don’t.

Down there in your excited states, it remains to be seen.

God Bless the U$ of fucking A, eh?
__outer