[Cryptography] Response to "I don't have anything to hide"

Allen allenpmd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 21:29:00 EST 2016

> > "Do you want the government to have free access to your phone"?
>
> > "I don't have anything to hide. They can look at they want."

You need to change the question to "Do you want hackers breaking into your
phone?"

"There's no way to limit the backdoor to just law enforcement.  Once you
add it, hackers will eventually find a way to open it, too.  I have lots of
personal info on my phone, like banking apps, private messages, photos--I
don't want hackers stealing my identity and posting my private photos on
internet, and that's what backdoors are going to lead to."