[Cryptography] Response to "I don't have anything to hide"

Matthias Wulfeck matthias.wulfeck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 19:49:24 EST 2016

> "Do you want the government to have free access to your phone"?

> "I don't have anything to hide. They can look at they want."

I'm sure many of us who have tried to explain the backdoor problem to their
friends and family have heard this response to the question

Part of building support for Apple and fighting the backdoor is a grass
roots effort to educate our friends of the real risk here (as we see them).

I figure I would toss this question out and seek advice from the general
community. How do you respond to "I don't have anything to hide"? How do
you explain to non-technical (and non-paranoid) friends of what's really at
stake?

--
Matt