[Cryptography] Fwd: "On-chip random key generation done using carbon nanotubes"

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Tue Feb 23 18:26:15 EST 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 12:48 PM, Jerry Leichter <leichter at lrw.com> wrote:

> Simplified idea:  Prepare an area on a silicon die with a number of
> connection points.  Apply an aqueous solution of carbon nanotubes.

Interesting... It is an on silicon one time pad that is not shared.
It should be nonvolatile and if permitted by hardware it can be mapped.
If it can be mapped  a second copy of a one time pad can be made to phone
home
with.   A hard fuse link set could make it near impossible to map a second
time
thus making it an interesting mobile resource.
Large is very possible.
Fragile?   If too fragile data gets lost when it should not be lost.
Hidden in a PRNG system block it could be a unique start up seed
that has hard to guess sequencing.  If unreliable (fragile) PRNG
prediction gets harder.  If noisy magic...

What other patent ideas can we disclose here and claim ownership
of  ;-)

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l

--