[Cryptography] The Mathematical Mesh

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Mon Feb 15 23:06:41 EST 2016

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 8:59 PM, ianG <iang at iang.org> wrote:
> On 6/02/2016 18:39 pm, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>
>> The breakthrough came when I realized that instead of just putting a
>> user's S/MIME and OpenPGP keys into a profile, we could put all the
>> configuration data for email into a profile. So when Alice buys a new
>> laptop, she can configure it to use all her email, instant messaging,
>> VOIP, VPN, SSH, etc. etc. accounts in one go.
>
> That.  Thank you.

I have gone a bit further for IoT devices.

Machine boots with clean O/S, it creates a unique device profile and
is connected to a personal profile.

Now it can download the full description of all the packages to
install, services to configure and where to go to get ground truth for
the trust infrastructure.

Working to do it on the controls for a robot dog. Machine will boot
and download its firmware. Hopefully.