[Cryptography] DH non-prime kills "socat" command security

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Fri Feb 5 19:14:07 EST 2016

Well crap. The fermat test got this on the first iteration.

Before we worry about provable primes, we can implement much simpler
probabilistic primality tests that clients can use to at least try to
disprove primality.  This particular number yields instantly to every
probabilistic primality test that's been tried on it as far as I can
tell.

And honestly there's been no case ever of a nonprime discovered that
fools both the Fermat test and Maurer's algorithm for 100 iterations,
and at least in the civilian world as far as I know nobody has any
idea how to find one.

				Bear