[Cryptography] Anyone else seeing an uptick in infected IoT devices? New botnet?

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Thu Dec 8 02:05:08 EST 2016

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net> wrote:

> On 12/07/2016 06:26 PM, Peter Gutmann wrote:
>
> > Ugh, as soon as I saw the title of that first one I thought "TR-069", and
> > sure enough

> :...
> > If ever there was a protocol was designed to be insecure, it's that.

> Hooboy.  We need to focus more on educating the public, don't we?

Yes, but what might the "public do?".

Vendors need to be roasted and toasted.
Blocks of MAC address may need to be hobbled.

As a global issue counting the number of languages the
instructions need to be translated into is enough to give an honest
perspective into to the depth of the problem.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l