[Cryptography] BBC to deploy detection vans to snoop on internet users

dj at deadhat.com dj at deadhat.com
Wed Aug 10 12:56:09 EDT 2016

>> On Aug 9, 2016, at 8:08 AM, Dave Howe <davehowe.pentesting at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

> usually enough to identify the movie. Same as the oscillator leaking
> letting you know the channel.
>
> Once you accuse someone, it is their problem to pay up or deny.

I have been on the pointy end of BBC letters telling me I haven't been
paying the license fee when I should have.  I didn't have a television and
they made the determination on no more information than the fact I had not
been paying for what I didn't have. No vans were involved.

I checked and in fact it was not my problem to pay up or deny. I could
ignore the letters and it was up to them to show I had a TV. There was a
period of about 4 years where I got a letter every 6 weeks of so. Then I
left the county.