[Cryptography] Have you seen...

Allen Schaaf netsecurity at sound-by-design.com
Sun Apr 3 03:20:23 EDT 2016

Excellent article on an Latin American election hacker in Bloomberg.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-how-to-hack-an-election/

Perhaps the election security is worse in Latin America, but I
would not bet on it given the aging balloting machines in the US
and a very long history of stuffing ballot boxes and Yellow
journalism. Think the explosion on the USS Maine that took more
than 75 years to provide a much more probable cause.

These days we are not so crude, and have a h$%^ of a lot more
"security" people.

Also look at the confusion in the press between the FBI accessing
what is on the iPhone versus cracking AES. Scare tactics not all
that different than the USS Maine.

Best,

Allen