[Cryptography] Future GPG/PGP

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Sep 30 11:09:13 EDT 2015

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 06:45, nicolai-crypto at chocolatine.org said:

> For signatures, a few projects (including OpenBSD) are using signify,
> which uses the Ed25519 signature system.  It's really nice!

And GnuPG also support this since 2.1 (last November) - it is not yet in
the standard but several people started to use it and I do my commit
signatures with such a key.  Plain ECC using NIST and Brainpool curves
are also supported since 2.1 (RFC-6637).

Key creation using newer algos is hiden behind --expert for the sole
reason that it is better to first have software understanding ECC
deployed before most people start to create these keys.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner