[Cryptography] Future GPG/PGP

Nicolai nicolai-crypto at chocolatine.org
Wed Sep 30 00:45:58 EDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 07:38:05PM -0500, phm wrote:
> What, if any, efforts have been initiated to replace GPG? I'm very
> interested to know.

For signatures, a few projects (including OpenBSD) are using signify,
which uses the Ed25519 signature system.  It's really nice!

I'm not aware of any encryption software with similar usage/deployment,
although I've heard of reop, CPGB, sgp-c and others.  SC4 was also
mentioned in this thread.  All the interesting ones are based on NaCl.

Nicolai