[Cryptography] Comey: targeted ads => plaintext access

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Sat Sep 19 13:43:15 EDT 2015

(Thick fingers on small screens; hit send too soon)

Continuing my previous message which is waiting in the moderation queue:

It's not foolproof but it does show that some are at least trying to provide a pragmatic approach to user privacy. It assumes no collusion between parties and won't satisfy people's tinfoil concerns. But it does show one of the approaches that industry is using.

Disclosure: I worked for those guys many years back. At the time we seemed to be the only ones in the market that *wanted* to protect consumer privacy.

Also, all of the details provided are public info. Obviously I'm glossing over detail.