[Cryptography] Comey: targeted ads => plaintext access

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Fri Sep 18 19:21:24 EDT 2015

Doubts about whether ad brokers would voluntarily co-operate aside,
I'm interested in the mechanics of a protocol to do this.  It may
have other applications where the motives of the participants align
- such as matching up people with aligned interests while maintaining
some degree of privacy for them greater than simply advertising those
interests publicly.

So how does the protocol puzzle work out if we want to target ads
based on the contents of encrypted emails without having the ad
broker have access to the plaintexts or know who is getting which ad?

				Bear