[Cryptography] Let's Encrypt: Hello World!

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Tue Sep 15 19:03:37 EDT 2015

> Their root-certicate, from the ISRG X1 (Internet Security Research Group), is
> not yet in the trust-store. They hope to achieve that by November.

Not quite.  The intermediate will be signed by a Identrust, a root that is already in the browsers (but not in the default Java8 trust store).  It will take significantly longer for the ISRG root itself to become trusted, although that process is starting.

Disclaimer: I'm pretty involved in this stuff. :)
	/r$

--
Senior Architect, Akamai Technologies
IM: richsalz at jabber.at Twitter: RichSalz