[Cryptography] Future GPG/PGP

Miroslav Kratochvil exa.exa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 14:12:21 EDT 2015

> What, if any, efforts have been initiated to replace GPG?

I have (some time ago) initiated the codecrypt, only with post-quantum
cryptography and some simplifications so I didn't have to implement
the PGP-compatible protocolar stuff (which are pretty brutal for folks
here I guess).

I also plan to implement the SPHINCS signatures to make it more
compatible with traditional usage of signatures.

Overall it's usuable and (to the best of my knowledge) pretty secure,
but I'd really like to hear a comment from anyone who understands PGP
and -- well -- can see all the mistakes I did.

links:
https://github.com/exaexa/codecrypt
http://e-x-a.org/codecrypt/

-mk